Parenting is challenging. Parenting is messy. Parenting is rewarding.
The journey doesn’t end when you give birth. As you welcome your little one home for the first time, a long and exciting new journey is just beginning. All you’ve learned during your birth and how you experienced it has set the tone of this new adventure. Yet the pace of change is so quick and the demands of caring for a newborn so relentless during the first weeks of parenting that things can get confusing and intense, and feel really overwhelming. Parenting is one of the hardest things you’ll do, but it is also one of the most gratifying things in life. We know it from our own experience and from walking alongside the families we’ve assisted.
You don't have to do it alone, we can support you along the way!
Getting all the help you can, from grandparents, to friends, to professionals during this intense learning period will allow you to enjoy this precious time and build up confidence for the years to come. Postpartum doulas are trained professionals that can help you create a smooth transition as you integrate the new member of your family into your life at home. We focus on giving you extra support and knowledge as challenges and concerns arise, before things feel out of sorts. We nurture you, as you nurture your baby.
Our Postpartum support services include:
- Breastfeeding coaching and support
- Help with emotional and physical recovery after birth
- Help understanding baby’s cues, sleeping and feeding patterns
- Assistance with newborn care: soothing techniques and diapering
- Baby massage training
- Baby-wearing training with rebozo and wrap
- Light housekeeping Cooking nutritious meals
- Caring for baby and older siblings while you rest
- Referrals to local resources for lactation, postpartum and other support groups
Cost of our postpartum doula services: $35 an hour (3 hour minimum)